[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - CaPRC Marksmanship Clinic "D" 6-18-11

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 am 
Club Founding Member

Come on out and join us for our longrange clinic on Saturday June 18th.
We will be holding this shoot at the tri-county sportsmans club in Cuyama, CA.
Cuyama is southwest of Taft.
We will meet up at a park-n-ride at the 405 and the 118 and carpool out to the range as a group.
It is just under a 2 hr drive from the meeting location.
Use google maps to find the meeting location : 15550 Chatsworth Street, Mission Hills, CA

You should have shot our new precision rifle shooter clinics in the past to attend this shoot.
You also need to have a solid 100yd zero before you arrive as we may not have a way to check our 100yd zeros on this range.
We will shoot and spot paper targets at 800yds, 900yds and 1000yds.
Experienced club members will be on hand to help new shooters.
Cold drinks and BBQ will be provided as part of the $40 entry/range fee for the day.

Tentative schedule:
6:30 to 7:00 Gather at Park-n-Ride.
7:00 travel to Cuyama.
9:00 Arrive at Cuyama.
9:15 Shooters Meeting.
9:30 Shooters to the 800yd line.
10:45 Shooters to the 900yd line.
12:00 BBQ Lunch.
1:00 Shooters to the 1000yd line.
2:15 Travel back to Park-n-Ride.
4:15 Arrive at Park-n-Ride.

Some things to bring:
Precision rifle wearing a scope with target knobs, eye/ear protection, sunscreen, chamber flag, 60-80 rounds of match quality ammo, printout from a ballistics program showing your bullet drop in moa or mils as appropriate to your scope, shooting mat or blanket, bipod, some kind of rear bag or sand sock, small notepad to take notes, pencil or pen.
Bring what you have, don't worry too much about what you don't have.
We always make do with what we have.

This is a Precision Rifle event so if the gun/scope/ammo is not capable of shooting tight groups, it will detract from your overall experience at the shoot.
Please have your rifle zeroed at 100yds and your knobs set to zero.

RSVP's for line helpers and non-shooters will be accepted anytime.
RSVP's for CaPRC club member shooters will be accepted after 12 noon on Monday 6/6.
RSVP's for non club member shooters will be accepted after 12 noon on Thursday 6/9.
Any RSVP's posted before those times will be ignored or deleted.

We will limit this to 20 shooters as we have a limited number of lanes.
Please RSVP in this thread if you plan to attend.
When you RSVP please post something very definite in this thread such as "I will be there".
We will not accept "if...", "I would like" or "I might" responses as an RSVP.

The following people will coach and help run the line when not shooting:
AR15barrels
Gnzrme

The following people are on the schedule as shooters:
jwpark
jeffhager50
robert hode

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 pm 
Club Founding Member

Man, maybe I should attend after my TBRC scores.

Team GAP, Shooter #7
Draining squares and banging steel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:49 am 
Chuck Norris

for those that have never shot long distance and at Cuyama, its a bare piece of farm land that the owner has built up into a rifle range complete with 800,900, and 1000 yard berms and actual pits. There will be target pulling duty I am sure. Its nothing strenous, so don't sweat it. Please factor in that the elevation there is not very high... I want to say somewhere between 1-2k so density altitude is not going to be very high. Choose your bullets wisely. For 308's your only choices are 155's or 175's or higher. 168's will die out and go sub sonic somewhere between 800-1000 yards...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:02 pm 
Positional Shooter

I am in for this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:17 pm 
Positional Shooter

I want to go but I've been shooting 168gr and need to rezero my rifle if i change bullets now which I don't have time for before the clinic. :(
I will have to wait til next one later this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:28 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:00 pm 
Prone Shooter

Bummer... I skipped the course C to go to vegas and I had taken it already. Wish I hadn't now seeing the pics. We didn't go over cover side prone and barricade shooting last time. Also, Sorry I won't be able to attend course D as I have a wedding to attend that day. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will have to be rescheduled. Fingers crossed. haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:25 pm 
Bench Shooter

I,m in as a shooter again, I didn't read far enough the last time sorry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 am 
Club Founding Member

Less than a week to go and only 2 rsvp's?

Where are all the people that wanted to shoot this last year when we kept getting rained out?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:43 am 
Prone Shooter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 am 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 pm 
Prone Shooter

Can't make this one due to previous plans..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:15 pm 
Positional Shooter

I'm in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:18 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:45 pm 
Club Founding Member

As usual I work Saturdays, although if my interview today went as well as it felt like it did then I think that will be changing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:50 pm 
Club Leadership

Team Camarillo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 pm 
Chuck Norris

Ok, I am in.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:47 pm 
Positional Shooter

Is this clinic still on for tomorrow?

Just wondering with the low turn out.

Thanks

Jay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:08 pm 
Club Leadership

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:59 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:28 pm 
Positional Shooter

Kewl, I'm still in for this.

I'm gonna be busy tonight to load some extra rounds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:19 pm 
Positional Shooter

I will meet you guys in Cuyama at the gate to the range.
Will our group be the only ones there?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:04 pm 
Bench Shooter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:00 pm 
Club Founding Member

Some pictures from today...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:02 pm 
Club Founding Member

More.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:04 pm 
Club Founding Member

More..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:48 pm 
Positional Shooter

Thanks Randall for spending the time today to teach us about reading wind, reading the mirage, and pulling spotter.

Definitely a fun day.

Mike, thanks for help us spot our shots and letting us use your clubs range.

Jay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:46 am 
Chuck Norris

hey did anyone pick up a set of blue molded earplugs from the range? I seem to have misplaced them during lunch....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:14 pm 
Bench Shooter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:28 pm 
Chuck Norris

that belongs to Bob that was shooting with us... So, how did you guys do today?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm 
Bench Shooter