[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - 6-14-15 CAPRC Match

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 6-14-15 CAPRC Match
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:15 am 
Club Founding Member

The California Precision Rifle Club is proud to announce their next centerfire match will be Sunday June 14th at the Angeles Ranges.
For details about the Angeles Ranges, see their website: http://www.angelesranges.com

Signups start at 7:30am and shooting should start at 8:15am when the line goes hot.
Please arrive at the left side of the Angeles rifle range no later than 7:45am to sign-in and get assigned your shooter numbers.
Your shooters number is also your position on the line so please lineup accordingly.

Match fee is $10 for Caprc members or $30 for non members.
The match fee also includes use of the range after the match is completed.
We usually finish by 1pm.
Bring 70 rounds of match grade ammo.
Be prepared to shoot as close as 10yds and as far as 600yds.
Be prepared to shoot from standing, kneeling, seated, prone and other improvised positions.
Bring a backpack to shoot off of for stages that don't allow a bipod.

This match is open to bolt action and semi-auto rifles from 223 up through 308.
A velocity limit of 3100 fps will be in effect to reduce damage to club-owned steel targets.
Bipods, slings, shooting mats and rear bags are allowed and recommended.
Chamber flags are mandatory and are available from the club if needed.

Line helper RSVP's will be accepted anytime.
Member RSVP's will be accepted anytime.
Non-member RSVP's will be accepted anytime.

Please RSVP by posting "I am in" or "I will be there" as we will ignore "maybe" or "if" RSVP's.
If you RSVP and later figure out that you can't come, please post that as well so we can keep the RSVP list current.

The following people have RSVP'd:
Range Officers:
AR15barrels

Spotters / Range Hands:

Shooters:
LoneWolf
Johnlee
Evo
Hollywood_Shooter
almsquattro
nic
deepsix++
Capnjon
trailtundra
nevertipsy
tools2teach

Post subject: Re: 6-14-15 CAPRC Match
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:05 pm 
Positional Shooter

I'll be at this one running the new Mausingfield. May have a buddy shooting as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:18 pm 
Chuck Norris

I'm in.

See you guys Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:55 pm 
Chuck Norris

In to shoot/help

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:48 pm 
Positional Shooter

In to shoot, and help where I can

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:51 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:59 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:43 pm 
Bore Brusher

In to shoot, help, and learn with my first match.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:02 am 
Prone Shooter

In to shoot and to help.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:29 pm 
Positional Shooter

In yo shoot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:45 pm 
Positional Shooter

In to shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:47 pm 
Sling User

I'm in to shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:50 pm 
Positional Shooter

In to shoot and help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:10 pm 
Bore Brusher

Hello everyone.... First match. I'm in to shoot and help.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:31 pm 
Sling User

Stage and Final Scores. Had a great time, thanks all.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:43 pm 
Prone Shooter

Great match today, guys! Had a ton of fun, and it was great shooting with all of you.

Thanks to Randall and John for organizing and running the event!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:49 pm 
Positional Shooter

good fun today fellas, thanks again Randall and JohnLee for running everything even though it was a pretty small turnout. I know I need to work on my support side shooting and get my zero right. I think after 775 down the 243 pipe some load work may be needed. The Mausingfield runs beautifully though.

Last edited by LoneWolf on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:53 pm 
Positional Shooter

Thanks Randall and John. Was short but sweet. Had a great time!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:21 pm 
Positional Shooter

It's not like I haven't been told repeatedly to "Reset your elevation to zero after each stage"....but some lessons need to be learned the hard way....

Good times...good times...

Thanks Randall, John, and the spotters!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:28 pm 
Chuck Norris

Congrats to the Top Guns.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:01 pm 
Chuck Norris

Good shootin' guys! It's always fun even if it's short! Thanks Randall and John for handeling the line and COF.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:54 pm 
Positional Shooter

Was a pleasure shootin with everyone today! Big thanks to John and Randall for running the show. Hopefully John will remember to bring his stuff next time! Big congrats to the winners, it was great seeing new faces out there today, I hope to see you guys again next time!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:13 am 
Bore Brusher

I know this is a late response but I'm at a training conference right now and have a bit of time as I pretend to pay attention to the speaker.
First and most important, I want to thank Randall, John, and the rest of the Club for coordinating the match. Being my first match and first experience with CalPRC, I found the match to very welcoming and extremely educational. Some of the lessons I learn were;
1. Need to work my fairly new bolt to smooth the action out.
2. Need to compensate for removal of Magneto Speed prior to match.
3. Need to work on weak side loading and shooting.
4. Make sure bolt knob is on tight!
5. I learned iPhone app Ballistics AE works well as this was the first time shooting past 200 yards.
6. Close bolt after you are in your firing position.
7. Having my scope cranked up all the way may not Have been my smartest move.
8. I need a sling, SAP Round Holder, and a barricade stop. (Already ordered my sling and Round Holder)
9. Need to work on non-prone positional shooting.

I had a great time and gained some valuable lessons. Thanks again Randall, John, and the rest of the group for putting on a great match. See you all at the next one!

Jerrick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:42 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:31 pm 
Chuck Norris

Locktite!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:47 pm 
Bore Brusher

10. Use Loctite on bolt knob...got it! :thumb: