[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Caprc Marksmanship Clinic D 6-7-15

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:36 am 
Club Founding Member

Come on out and join us for our longrange clinic on Sunday June 7th.
We will be holding this shoot at the tri-county sportsmans club in Cuyama, CA.
Cuyama is southwest of Taft.
We will meet up at a park-n-ride at the 405 and the 118 and carpool out to the range as a group.
It is just under a 2 hr drive from the meeting location.
Use google maps to find the meeting location: 15550 Chatsworth Street, Mission Hills, CA

You should have shot our new precision rifle shooter clinic "A" in the past to attend this shoot.
You also need to have a solid 100yd zero before you arrive as we may not have a way to check our 100yd zeros on this range.
We will shoot and spot paper targets at 600yds, 800yds, 900yds and 1000yds.
Experienced club members will be on hand to help new shooters.
Cold drinks and BBQ will be provided as part of the entry/range fee for the day.
Fees are $75 for non members and $50 for members.

Tentative schedule:
6:30 to 7:00 Gather at Park-n-Ride
7:00 travel to Cuyama
9:15 Shooters Meeting and target pulling demonstration
9:30 Shooting and instructional talks
12:00 Lunch Break
1:00 Additional shooting

Some things to bring:
Precision bolt rifle wearing a scope with target knobs, eye/ear protection, sunscreen, chamber flag, 80-100 rounds of match quality ammo, printout from a ballistics program showing your bullet drop in moa or mils as appropriate to your scope, shooting mat or blanket, bipod, some kind of rear bag or sand sock, small notepad to take notes, pencil or pen.
Bring what you have, don't worry too much about what you don't have.
We always make do with what we have.

This is a Precision Rifle event so if the gun/scope/ammo is not capable of shooting tight groups, it will detract from your overall experience at the shoot.
Please have your rifle zeroed at 100yds and your knobs set to zero.

RSVP's for line helpers and non-shooters will be accepted anytime.
RSVP's for CaPRC club member shooters will be accepted after 12 noon on Friday 5/22/15.
RSVP's for non club member shooters will be accepted after 12 noon on Tuesday 5/26/15.
Any RSVP's posted before those times will be ignored or deleted.

We will limit this to 20 shooters as we have a limited number of lanes.
Please RSVP in this thread if you plan to attend.
When you RSVP please post something very definite in this thread such as "I will be there".

The following people will coach and help run the line:
AR15barrels
snappy
autoessentials
Gnzrme
Evo

The following people are on the schedule as shooters:

Capnjon
Erik_J
Hollywood_Shooter
EBR Works
trailtundra
citpeks2000
mint is
Lornev
Deepsix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:47 pm 
Positional Shooter

I'm posting so that everyone is aware that we moved the entrance road to the Cuyama range about 1,000 yards south.

The main entrance road is now even with the 800 yard line and connects to Hwy 33 about 25 feet north of the County line sign. It is freshly graded and drug and suitable for any type of vehicle.

Going south from Hw166 it's just about 3 miles down Hwy 33 from the Hwy 166 intersection and you'll turn left (east) right in front of the Ventura County line sign. Going north on Hwy 33 you'll turn right on the dirt road just after the San Luis Obispo County line sign. You can see the shade structure at the 800 yard line directly in front (east) of you as you drive up the road.

The old access road is still open but cars may bog down on the edge of the freshly plowed field. Don't use it if you're diving your Prius.

There is no "PALMA" sign at the old entrance road. We are going to hang it at the new entrance road after it gets re-painted but we don't know if it will be up in time for this shoot.

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:28 am 
Positional Shooter

I will attend as a participant please.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:57 am 
Bore Brusher

Will be there to shoot.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:07 pm 
Positional Shooter

In to shoot, and help where I can. Got a new Vortex 20-60x85 Razor HD Spotter...curious to see how she goes.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:24 pm 
Bore Brusher

I just received my first precision rifle last month in 6.5 Creedmoor and have not taken Clinic A. I have however been able to zero it, create my dope chart through Applied Ballistics, and confirm it to steel targets at 550 rounds. That said, would I be able to take this class as a beginner and not taking Clinic A if there are available spots? This class is more convenient for me location wise as I am in Bakersfield.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:17 pm 
Sling User

In to shoot. Randall told me that he had received my membership renewal last week. Turn me green please!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:05 pm 
Sling User

I will be there.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:51 pm 
Chuck Norris

In to help. (and maybe shoot a little paper if there's room/time).

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:29 am 
Bore Brusher

In to shoot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:45 am 
Bench Shooter

am states side i will be there

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:47 pm 
Positional Shooter

Sorry guys but I'm not going to be able to help out on Sunday, family obligations.

Last edited by Fjold on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:29 pm 
Positional Shooter

We will miss seeing you and that big Holland of yours!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:32 am 
Bore Brusher

In to shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 pm 
Bench Shooter

Will be at the range early on Sunday to set up targets and flags. If anyone is driving up solo and wants to get an early start, let me know.

Mike

Tri-County Rifle Club
Cuyama, CA

myke155 "at" yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:52 pm 
Positional Shooter

into shoot but also can can help more than shoot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:22 pm 
Chuck Norris

I will be there....

Burt Gummer for President 2016

Steven P. Rogers, RN CEN
KK6OTA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:10 am 
Positional Shooter

Hey guys is there anyone I could car pool with , my isuzu rodeo is on its last legs and i dont really trust it to make the drive out to the range . I will help pay for gas of course . All i will have is my eberlestock pack and my gun case .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:16 am 
Positional Shooter

Evo, EBR Works, and I will be by-passing the Park'n'Ride and driving directly. Please don't wait on us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:59 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:08 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:36 am 
Positional Shooter

Anyone else around Orange County need a ride strait up to range? Sam and I are driving up direct. Got room for 1 or 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:45 am 
Positional Shooter

If anybody needs any gear that they know of tomorrow, let me know and I will bring it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:05 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:12 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:04 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:04 pm 
Bench Shooter

The National Weather Service report for tomorrow in Cuyama:

"Sunny, with a high near 91. Light east northeast wind becoming north northeast 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph".

For those not yet acquainted with the Cuyama Valley, it is hot and dry this time of year. Bring water, sunscreen, long sleeves, and a hat. Hydrate early and often.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:22 pm 
Positional Shooter

Finally popped my 1000-yard cherry! Thanks Brad & Randall, the spotters, the pit crews, Rich (for his NASCAR-like abilities in the Van) and our Tri-County hosts!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:58 pm 
Chuck Norris

Your 1000 yard cherry... Lol...

Burt Gummer for President 2016

Steven P. Rogers, RN CEN
KK6OTA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:11 am 
Positional Shooter

2nd on "The Cherry"! Thanks to all!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:48 pm 
Sling User

Thanks Randall, Brad, Rich, the spotters, the hosts, and Merlin (?) too. Had a great time shooting 800, 900, 1k.

What a perfect introduction to mirage and wind at long range. I certainly learned a lot about what I don't know and what I need to work on. I even enjoyed the time in the target pits.

Completing Clinics A~D, I really appreciate CAPRC running these. Tackling "firsts" with supervision and instruction has been a great way to start precision shooting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:00 pm 
Positional Shooter

Pictures?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:21 pm 
Positional Shooter

I was so busy absorbing everything and enjoying myself I just got these 2 uninspiring pics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:59 pm 
Bore Brusher

Will there be another "A" shoot this year?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:33 pm 
Positional Shooter

Once a year