[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Lytle Creek

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lytle Creek
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:54 pm 
Prone Shooter

Anyone been to Lytle creek, I am curious what the shooting conditions are like. Doesn't like there is any room to shoot prone.

Post subject: Re: Lytle Creek
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 pm 
Positional Shooter

I hate that place,lots of wind wooden benches that are unstable, no canopy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:19 pm 
Positional Shooter

there is a canopy is you want to shoot 100yds and you can grab a stall on the end and lay prone on the concrete slab. the 300 is ok for shooting prone if you dont mind the rocks and the ants. you can go there to zero and shoot paper, but i prefer to shoot at WEGC just off the freeway.
buy a weekend membership and it will pay for itself. i go there to zero and plink handgun when i dont feel like going all the way to the desert.
there is club steel for the handgun side that is pretty fun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:29 am 
Sling User

Lytle Creek is decent for zeroing and bench shooting, but prone shooting leaves a lot to be desired, you either need a lot of padding for the rocks or crane the hell out of your neck to shoot more than 200 yards from the concrete.

There is a shooting spot a few miles south of beaumont. Take the 60, exit sunset, head south. At one spot, there is steel set out at 450 yards. PM me for the coords.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 am 
Prone Shooter

Ive gone to the place a few times south of Beaumont, but Ive seen a lot of shady people up there.

Ill have to just venture up there sometime, Zeroing my rifles, having fun with an AR and handguns, and helping new shooters is all Im really looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:56 pm 
Positional Shooter

Lytle, to get 200-300 yards, you're shooting pretty steep uphill. Extend the bipod all the way, scoot down on the ground and crane your neck a little.

You can do it. It aint comfy, but you can do it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:11 pm 
Chuck Norris

Hate that place too. Too many wanna-be gangsters. If I lived closer I'd consider a membership at WEGC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk