[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Shooting at ASR

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Shooting at ASR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:32 pm 
Sling User

So, I've never shot at Angeles before. I've got tomorrow off and I'm planning on going first thing.

Anyone got some pro-tips for me? Things to watch out for? A preferred spot on the line? Things I should bring that I'm not gonna think of...

Post subject: Re: Shooting at ASR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:38 pm 
Positional Shooter

http://www.angelesranges.com/specials/coupon.php

Print the above coupon and save 2 bucks. Have fun!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:48 pm 
Chuck Norris

Pay in the office first, dont bring any guns in the office. Rent a target frame if you need to, save your recipt, you get the rental fee back if you dont shoot the frame. Don't cross the yellow line during line breaks. Far left side for rifles, pistols on the right side.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:53 pm 
Chuck Norris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:54 pm 
Sling User

Thanks for the coupon.

Sounds all pretty common sense.

do they segregate the line by paper vs steel?

I want to work paper at 100 & 200 then move on out to the 600yd steels

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:51 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:58 pm 
Sling User

Yep, far left, work paper, hit steels. Write down dope.

Mind the yellow line, don't piss people off, keep the receipt, print the coupon, bang steel, don't fuck up.

Got it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 pm 
Positional Shooter

Also its a week day so you can set paper to 300 yards if you want

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 pm 
Sling User

Was different.

More wind than I expected.
More idiots than I expected for a Friday morning.
Scope base came loose, so that sucked.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:13 pm 
Chuck Norris

Purple or blue locktite is your friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:09 pm 
Sling User

Yeah, when Randall put it together I'm certain we put blue locktite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:34 pm 
Bore Brusher

I was out there and may have been next to you (in the red shirt).

Second time with the rifle and first time trying positional shooting so I may very well have been one of the idiots you noticed.

Hoping to join the next match.

Wind sucked so kind of hard to feel I made any progress.

Post subject: Shooting at ASR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:13 pm 
Sling User

Nah, the idiots were the ones arguing with the Range Officers about keeping a handgun muzzle pointed down range and handling guns during cease fires

But you very well could of been near me.

Did your 200yd target get blown over a lot?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm 
Bore Brusher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:28 pm 
Positional Shooter

Here's a link to weather forecasts for the area of Angeles Shooting Range that includes wind predictions

It's not 'exact'....but it will give you a rough idea of what to expect if you check it the day before, so you don't get boned on your range time....

Conversely, it's also helpful if you are looking to practice wind calls :3some:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:00 am 
Sling User

That was me with the clamps.

Good looking out with a weather report, I saved it to the app on my phone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:35 am 
Positional Shooter

build your own target holder about 2 and a half feet tall. 3/4" pvc the wind doesn't affect it as much

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:09 am 
Sling User

You have the spacing dimensions?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:54 am 
Positional Shooter

They also have short ones to rent for windy days, about half the height

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:13 am 
Sling User

That would of been perfect!

I'll have to remember to make some sandbags as well to hold down the 4x4 stands

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:49 pm 
Positional Shooter

1'-10" center to center of legs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:50 pm 
Positional Shooter

You won't need sand bags for the short stands

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:11 pm 
Sling User

I'll be hitting up Angeles again on Friday, 11/27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:15 am 
Positional Shooter

I think the annual can drive is going on $3.00 off

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:05 pm 
Sling User

Until Jan 3rd I think the sign says

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:01 pm 
Positional Shooter

I plan to be at ASR when the line opens on Wednesday of this week. I'll be zeroing and doping my new Mausingfield (6 Creedmoor).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:23 pm 
Sling User

Wish I could make it out. I'll probably be out Friday at Either ASR or APTS... Not sure which yet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:36 am 
Positional Shooter

I prefer going on Thursdays (1/2 price) but SWAT takes over at 12:30 this week.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:42 am 
Positional Shooter

I'm hoping to go Thursday if you decide different. I like to leave early afternoon anyway to beat tradfic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:54 pm 
Sling User

1/2 price is a huge incentive, but I'm working Thursday's.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:42 am 
Sling User

Out at ASR now. No real wind, pretty empty. Temps aren't terrible.