[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - 2014 Norcal TBRC May 30 to June 1

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:07 pm 
Positional Shooter

Norcal TBRC at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center

May 30, May 31 and June 1

Anybody signed up for this? I'm sending my registration in today.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:14 am 
Club Founding Member

Likely 200 registrations in the first 10 min. One of the best matches on the west.

Sent from my iPhone.

Team GAP, Shooter #7
Draining squares and banging steel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:32 pm 
Positional Shooter

I sent my request in a day and a half late. Who knows, I suspect they are holding spots open for out of towners or something. I was hoping someone else from the so cal area would go we could carpool. Send an email here:

Please email norcaltbrc@ncpprc.com after 7pm PST with the following information:

First and last name:
Contact number:
State:
PRS Member: Yes or No
Email Address:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:36 pm 
Club Founding Member

I don't think you know what you're getting into. Sac fills up in seconds.

Sent from my iPhone.

Team GAP, Shooter #7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:37 pm 
Club Founding Member

They reserve a large % for PRS and friends of the club and other match crews.

Sent from my iPhone.

Team GAP, Shooter #7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:06 pm 
Positional Shooter

Well, hopefully they take my money that I sent off per the email invite... Assuming so I'll go regardless, it will be my first out of town match!

Edited to add: They posted today that the match is filled...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:10 pm 
Positional Shooter

Appreciate the kind words Charlie.

With JC Steel, K&M, The Hide Cup, and New Mexico within a month or so of TBRC the match did not fill up as fast.

Personally I think it was a good thing since we have a lot of people that never shot the event before sign up and we were able to get them in.

I think a few CAPRC members got slots as well.

The standby roster is short at this time so feel free to send in an email to get on that list. There are always drops in this game.

Last edited by vu308 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:29 pm 
Chuck Norris

Man.... I have to work and there is no way someone would trade that weekend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm 
Positional Shooter

I'm totally stoked about going, really looking forward to what I know will be a great event!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:04 pm 
Positional Shooter

Aaron,

Ping the guys that have been to our events. You do a lot of shooting and we bang out a lot of stages in short order.

Gear organization and prep is a must. Also if you can make a monthly event to get a feel for the range, that would be good training.

This year we were able to open up the 1K range for everyone to check zero out to 1K, but you have to follow the schedule in the match info. The range will not be open all day. Once that session is over, we will shut the 1K down for match prep.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:17 pm 
Positional Shooter

Cool, thanks Vu for the info and tips. I'll look to see who else here is going.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:12 pm 
Club Founding Member

I would highly recommend the guys going buddy up and make trips to NorCal's monthly matches. The pace of the match is very fast and Sac wind is like no other.

TBRC was one of my first matches. Shawn's kindness and help as an RO sold me on this sport and the people in it.

Team GAP, Shooter #7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:18 am 
Positional Shooter

So that begs the question, who else is going? I haven't seen anybody else in the socal area chime in so far regarding attending TBRC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:46 am 
Positional Shooter

I got a wait list confirmation yesterday. A few of the other guys sent in e-mail requests as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:26 am 
Positional Shooter

I'm also on waiting list.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:59 am 
Positional Shooter

I think you guys are only 2 to 3 slots down from the top of the list.

Depending on who flakes on registration, I am almost sure you guys will make it in.

Vu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:05 am 
Positional Shooter

Awesome, Thanks VU!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:26 pm 
Positional Shooter

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 am 
Positional Shooter

Danny and Jason, looks like you guys may of lucked out.

Will know by the end of this week.

Vortex has just jumped on board as our Premier Optics Sponsor

GAP is putting another rifle on the table. I think this is their 6th rifle to date.

RBros rifle out of WA is putting a rifle on the table. 223 Trainer from what I hear.

Things are rocking.

I am hoping to have the funds to roll PIMP HAND STRONG with saturdays meal.

New York steaks are being discussed.

Vu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 am 
Chuck Norris

Dude!! Pimp hand is always strong!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:26 pm 
Positional Shooter

That's awesome, thanks for the update Vu!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:37 pm 
Positional Shooter

Having my fingers cross. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Danny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:30 pm 
Positional Shooter

Sounds good Vu. Keep us posted. Funds are standing by waiting for your green light. Thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:47 pm 
Positional Shooter

WooHoo, got my registration received notice!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:35 pm 
Teaches Shooting

CRAP! Guess I am gonna miss a good match!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:35 pm 
Positional Shooter

Jason and Danny, you guys got mail. Good luck gentlemen.

Danny, you one of my peeps so don't fuck up and make us look bad. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:51 pm 
Positional Shooter

Great. Thanks and promise I won't let you down. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:11 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:14 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Good luck guys! Maybe next year for me!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:57 am 
Positional Shooter

No next year for most. We have gone to an every other year model.

Next year we will probably do a friends and family event like in 2013. No prizes, no natta. Just awards, food, beer, lots of laughs and good times. It gives the guys that usually serve on the range crew a chance to shoot a nice 2 day event.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 am 
Chuck Norris

I'm going. It's my favorite match of the year.. hope to see you guys there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 am 
Positional Shooter

MGM Targets just donated a large target package that will help us with stage design for this year's event.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm 
Positional Shooter

Hi Vu

Just wondering what are the chances of getting in this match at this
Point , what is the number of stand by shooters at this time?is it
doable?
Thanks,

Ray .

"One of the secrets to mastery in any field is to forever be a student."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:19 pm 
Positional Shooter

Ray,

Send in an email to norcaltbrc@ncpprc.com and we will see what I can do.

Thanks,

Vu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:25 am 
Positional Shooter

Vu,

Can you please post the details of the group rate for lodging?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:39 am 
Positional Shooter

Fo sho.

Give the hotel a call directly to ensure you get our group rate of 79.00 a night. If they say the block of rooms is full, give me a shout and I will get more rooms for you guys.

Reference NorCal TBRC

http://www.sacramentoranchocordova.plac ... _id=G-TBRC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:46 am 
Positional Shooter

We should discuss carpool and rooming plans. Who is going, who wants to carpool and who wants to share a room?

Me: Going, Carpool definitely, share a room maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:38 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:29 pm 
Positional Shooter

Sponsors to date.

Benchmark Barrels
R Bros Rifles
GA Precision
Short Action Precision
Burris Optics
Steiner Optics
CS Tactical
TAB Gear
MGM Targets
I.O.T.A
Spartan Precision Rifles
ScoreHi Gunsmithing
Vortex Optics
SureFire
Kifaru
Mil Dot Enterprises
Borden Rifles
Savage Arms
Impact Databooks
J. Dewey
Redding Reloading
Primary Weapon Systems
Rock Solid Stocks
Specialized Dynamics
JEC Customs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:08 pm 
Bench Shooter

Aaron I cant belive you have never done this one. Its a great match Vu and the crew are top notch you will have fun for sure. Great range Great guys and a HELL of a match!!!!! Make sure you stay ontop of things in the thousand yard march it moves fast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:22 pm 
Positional Shooter

Holly F@#k, that is a name I have not seen in forever. How the hell are you Scott!!??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:09 am 
Positional Shooter

Hi Scott, definitely looking forward to it. I haven't been to any out of town matches so far, this will be my first. I'm looking to go to 2 or 3 this year. Prize table is looking sweet, and it will be a lot of fun for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 am 
Bench Shooter

Doing great Vu. I see you guys are still killing it up there. I saw pictures from last year. That prize table was unreal. Good luck this year I know you guys put on one of the best matchs I have ever been too!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:52 am 
Positional Shooter

Thanks Scott. Let me know if you ever want to make it back up this way to pull the trigger.