[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - 2012 TPRC

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: 2012 TPRC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:01 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:53 pm 
Club Founding Member

Vu get the chain ready. I have a 9" (round) by 2" billet setting in my garage. Working on the CNC files now.

I assume we are not going to have a united SoCal team in the match. I am just going to make it a practical precision team challenge coin Maybe we can but it "up for grabs" at some on the west matches or something like that.

Team GAP, Shooter #7
Draining squares and banging steel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 pm 
Prone Shooter

For those of you wondering what kind of shenanigans we've been up when creating a side match, here are the details (still no shopping carts involved):

This will be a shooter vs shooter event. $10 entry (if you lose, you can sign up to try again). ALL proceeds will go directly to AmericanSnipers.org. We hopefully will have two reps at the match all weekend.

After all the big kid toys are put away, we're gonna let you play with our Daisy Red Ryder BB guns and Daisy wrist rockets. Shooters will flip a coin to decide who gets to shoot which bb gun. When the signal is given, both shooters will run to their respective tables and shoot down 5 cans with their bb gun. After all the cans are knocked down, they'll have 5 marbles to use with the wrist rockets to knock down a duck decoy. First one to do so wins the round.

Winner will be decided by who wins the last shoot off. Winner also gets to take home the Daisy Red Ryder BB gun of their choosing. Second place will have their pick of the wrist rockets.

And have I mentioned you'll have to do all of this while wearing a 50 gallon foam cowboy hat? Bring your cameras kids, it'll be a good time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:47 am 
Chuck Norris

Where do you come up with this stuff Gina. Though no shopping carts eh?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:00 pm 
Prone Shooter

This was actually all Matt's idea Steven. Tim and I just ran with it...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:47 pm 
Sling User

'gina... Please make it a rule, no utili-kilts!

This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family
Col. William Barrett Travis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 pm 
Chuck Norris

I thought that it took a lot of guts for Hugh to wear that and props for him for wearing it when it was f-ing freezing and wet. Although, I could have done without the crotch shot when he climbed into the shopping cart.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:01 pm 
Prone Shooter

Hugh wasn't actually going the full monty under that kilt... I think you'd accidentally see more in the bathroom. LOL. I must be in the minority because I actually like his kilt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:23 pm 
Chuck Norris

Wow... WHAT A MATCH... I wasn't able to get into the match, but I wanted to attend anyway since I had the time off. I drove out on Friday. Takes 6.5 hours to get there with stops for gas/food. My catalytic converter is going on my car so I was keeping my fingers crossed that I wouldnt have any problems.

Saturday kicked off with 75 or 76 shooters showing up ready. Split up into 3 groups heading to 3 different areas. Charlie Roberts, Michael Victor, Ryan Kerr, Nathan Webnar and Robert Barrocas were on Squad 1. They started on the Long Range Line. I have some pictures taken with my Iphone from there. Then the moved to the Short Range course. At that point, Michael Victor gave me his Cannon 5D. The rest of the photos I took are on that camera and obviously I had to give it back so I am awaiting Michael giving me a CD or somehow getting me those photos.

Anyway, it was an awesome match. The match was won by Francis from Nor Cal. The guy is just an animal or robot. HE CAN SHOOT. The stages were challenging... (Seriously.... Unsported prone, weak side, kyl?) Francis got 3 shots on this stage and was going for the 4th when the time ran out... Would he have made it? Probably.... There were obstacle courses, UKD stage, Shooting from a car, a scramber stage that was a large house that you had to scramble through holes and shoot from various ports... Roof top/platform shooting, shooting through a windshield. Used a Intelligent Target System that sensed hits (sometimes).... All stages were unique, fun and do-able.

The match didn't seem to be as fast paced as this year. Last's years match had little/no prep between shooters and there was no coaching the shooters (same this year). This year, prep was adequate and the weather was perfect. Little to no wind and most important.. NO RAIN.

Prize table was awesome. All the vendors stepped up and donated some major coin/prizes. There were also some stages that had prizes associated with them. Nathan won one of those stages by shooting closest to the center of a target and I believe he got a Triad Tactical gift certificate.

I did not get a photo of the scores, but Charlie placed 11th and I do not recall the rest of the finishes. Excellent shooting by all and I will post up the photos in a little bit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:25 pm 
Chuck Norris

Bob.. Please contact me. I have a prize and coin for you....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:47 pm 
Chuck Norris

Results posted on the hide.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm 
Chuck Norris

Well done everyone! James, Ryan, Kurtis, Nathan, Brian, Joe,Charlie and Bob it was great to shoot with you guys.( and afterhours weren't so bad either.) Steven big thanks for coming down giving us the support and being the crew photog!

Charlie did a kick ass job. He would have easily placed in the top ten (maybe 5th) if his rifle did start to shit out on him in the last two stages. He should have scored 60 to 80 pointy more.

What a blast. Still hurting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:09 pm 
Chuck Norris

Hi bubbles.....I'm John :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:10 pm 
Chuck Norris

Bubbles you smell purrrtyy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:06 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 pm 
Chuck Norris

Ok Steven, your photo skills ROCK! The pics are awesome will post pics tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm 
Chuck Norris

yeah... I had a good time. MV knows how to party... Nobody got stupid and urinated in public or beat up the hotel room although the rat trap that some of us stayed at the card readers for the locks did not work and I really wanted to kick the door down a couple of times....

You know, I really enjoyed just being the photographer and walking around taking random photos. Plus, it got me to the front of every line and stage and presentation.... I was able to pick up some pointers and really see how people set up and use their gear. Interesting, alot of people are using the Vortex Razor scope....plug for Scott Parks from Vortex as he donated alot of prizes to the table...

and yes, some people do smell pretty..... :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:30 am 
Chuck Norris

Cannot say good enough things about this match! Not only was the match top notch the Dinner on Saturday night was awesome! Great time to meet new people and see some friends from prior matches! Thanks again to the AZ crew as well as the Vegas crew for all there hard work spotting and RO'ing. I was fortunate enough to take 39th place. A lot of things could have gone better for me but Im sure everyone would say the same thing. Over all I was happy with my finish when you look at the caliber of talent on the list. One of the stages was sponsored by Accu-Shot. It was a 100yrd stage with 1 rd on an Ace of spades playing card. Shooter had 30 seconds from standing behind his rifle to drop down, aquire your card that is in random order and send one round down range. Just hitting the card was 5 points, hitting the spade was worth 10 points, and hitting inside the reticle was worth 25 points. The person who got closest to the center of the reticle won a gift certificate from Accu-Shot. Well after sending my round down range I ended up being the closest to center and won the stage! I was grinning ear to ear after find this out! I know its only 100yrd shot but I was proud of it. 75 shooters and the little guy had the best shot!! Again this match was insanely challenging but so much fun! Thanks again to everyone for helping out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:00 am 
Chuck Norris

excellent shot Nathan... You would have finished much higher had you not had to take some zero's on various COF's. Also, I am going to post a vid of you going through the Obstacle course. You called it, you are at a distinct advantage going through those tubes....

I had a good time hanging out with you afterwards......

Hey, did you ever find your extra $100.00?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:08 pm 
Chuck Norris

I posted an album of pics on FB....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 972&type=1

Post subject: 2012 TPRC Oh s*!# moment
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:38 pm 
Club Founding Member

dont know who elese was there but in the last day, the squad I was in was shooting in the long range portion and some random oblivious old guy about 200 yards away walked right across the line of fire while a stage was being shot. Luckily he heard us yelling at him and turned around.

BTW I learned my lesson about not using worn out brass at a big match. Casehead separations and broken shells stuck in my chamber made me miserable on day one. Day two was better after I bought some factory ammo at Cabelas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:52 pm 
Chuck Norris

yeah, and a trip to the desert at 9pm at night by yourself....that must have been spooky...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:17 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:58 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm 
Positional Shooter