[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Caprc Marksmanship Clinic D 6-5-16

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:14 pm 
Club Founding Member

Come on out and join us for our longrange clinic on Sunday June 5th.
We will be holding this shoot at the tri-county sportsmans club in Cuyama, CA.
Cuyama is southwest of Taft.
We will meet up at a park-n-ride at the 405 and the 118 and carpool out to the range as a group.
It is just under a 2 hr drive from the meeting location.
Use google maps to find the meeting location: 15550 Chatsworth Street, Mission Hills, CA

You should have shot our new precision rifle shooter clinic "A" in the past to attend this shoot.
You also need to have a solid 100yd zero before you arrive as we may not have a way to check our 100yd zeros on this range.
We will shoot and spot paper targets at 800yds, 900yds and 1000yds.
Experienced club members will be on hand to help new shooters.
Cold drinks and BBQ will be provided as part of the entry/range fee for the day.
Fees are $75 for non members and $50 for members.

Tentative schedule:
6:30 to 7:00 Gather at Park-n-Ride
7:00 travel to Cuyama
9:15 Shooters Meeting and target pulling demonstration
9:30 Shooting and instructional talks
12:00 Lunch Break
1:00 Additional shooting

Some things to bring:
Precision bolt rifle wearing a scope with target knobs, eye/ear protection, sunscreen, chamber flag, 80-100 rounds of match quality ammo, printout from a ballistics program showing your bullet drop in moa or mils as appropriate to your scope, shooting mat or blanket, bipod, some kind of rear bag or sand sock, small notepad to take notes, pencil or pen.
Bring what you have, don't worry too much about what you don't have.
We always make do with what we have.

This is a Precision Rifle event so if the gun/scope/ammo is not capable of shooting tight groups, it will detract from your overall experience at the shoot.
Please have your rifle zeroed at 100yds and your knobs set to zero.

RSVP's for line helpers and non-shooters will be accepted anytime.
RSVP's for CaPRC club member shooters will be accepted after 12 noon on Thursday 5/12/16.
RSVP's for non club member shooters will be accepted after 12 noon on Thursday 5/19/16.
Any RSVP's posted before those times will be ignored or deleted.

We will limit this to 24 shooters as we have a limited number of lanes.
Please RSVP in this thread if you plan to attend.
When you RSVP please post something very definite in this thread such as "I will be there".

The following people will coach and help run the line:
AR15barrels
Michael Tuck
Fjold
oni

The following people are on the schedule as shooters:
DspPhotos
evorider
Hollywood_Shooter
TKCastle
truetothebrew
Freds951

nic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:48 pm 
Bench Shooter

anyone have an address for this tri-county gun club in Cuyama? I'm not finding any actual address or web page or anything online. Assuming this is a 'members' only place and you must have someone show you what cactus to turn at off the side of the road?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:22 pm 
Chuck Norris

Correct, its a private club in the middle of farmland. Basicaly a little south of the 166/33 junction

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:55 am 
Bench Shooter

I found a web page that has the GPS coordinates - 34°54'1"N 119°30'4"W

http://wikimapia.org/12810263/Cuyama-10 ... ting-Range

if you enter the coordinates into Google maps you'll find it with a marker.

Just enter: 34°54'1"N 119°30'4"W

and it should return the following:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/34%C2 ... !1s0x0:0x0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:34 pm 
Club Founding Member

This is where you would ACTUALLY want to arrive:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/34%C2 ... !1s0x0:0x0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:07 pm 
Chuck Norris

Be careful. This land has now been turned into an active farm and it would be better if everyone arrived as a group. There is no more just showing up and shooting now. All shooting must be scheduled in advance. They are aware of our date though....

Steven P. Rogers, RN CEN
KK6OTA

Burt Gummer for President

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:01 am 
Sling User

I will be there.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:07 am 
Prone Shooter

I'll be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:07 am 
Prone Shooter

I will be there

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 am 
Positional Shooter

I am in

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:19 am 
Positional Shooter

I'm in

Jon

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:30 am 
Prone Shooter

I will be there. With the friend maker of course.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:44 am 
Sling User

Last edited by trailtundra on Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:05 pm 
Bore Brusher

I will be there.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:30 am 
Bore Brusher

I'll be there.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:54 am 
Bench Shooter

I'll be there

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:50 pm 
Prone Shooter

I will be there.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:55 pm 
Bench Shooter

The new range access road is directly across from Foothill Rd. where it "T's" into Hwy 33, which I believe is also the county line between SB and SLO Counties. The "Palma" sign is roadside. See you there.

Mike
Tri-County Rifle Club

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:43 pm 
Positional Shooter

Randall,

I'll be there to help.

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:54 pm 
Prone Shooter

Dose anyone have a location on the Park-n-Ride where we are meeting up at? Also I can drive my Tundra if we need additional space. Will have room for 3 more people and gear.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:51 pm 
Positional Shooter

It's in the last line of the 1st paragraph at the top of this thread:

15550 Chatsworth Street, Mission Hills, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:45 am 
Positional Shooter

I'm out, not going now☹️

Jon

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:04 am 
Sling User

I won't be able to make this one. I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:14 am 
Chuck Norris

Be careful that park and ride has a lot of transients living next to it. Do not leave anything out in the open. Ask Rich C.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:57 pm 
Club Leadership

In to help and shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:37 pm 
Chuck Norris

Cannot attend...

Steven P. Rogers, RN CEN
KK6OTA

Burt Gummer for President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:32 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:26 pm 
Prone Shooter

What is the elevation at the range where we'll be shooting?

I'm really looking forward to this Sunday!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:40 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:11 pm 
Club Founding Member

It's going to be a hot one this weekend.
Everyone make sure you wear lightweight long sleeve shirts and hats to cover your necks.
Sunscreen if you don't have fabric coverage.
We will have lots of fluids for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:09 pm 
Bench Shooter

I may not be able to make it now - will confirm for sure Saturday evening.

Jason

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:14 am 
Prone Shooter

Thanks Randall and Frank for volunteering your time and all your hard work. I had a great time and learned a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:00 am 
Positional Shooter

All you guys that came out to the "D" Clinic should consider coming to this Saturday's positional practice @ Ft. Angeles range (next to ASR)

The thread on it is here: