[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - New Beginnings

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Beginnings
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:31 pm 
Positional Shooter

So I am happy to tell you guys that we have come up with a good solution for the future of our monthly matches. We will be running the matches as a club with a group of 6 experienced shooters who will rotate as match director. We will be needing assistance from you guys with things such as steel setup help, take down, spotting, and assisting. Each match we will announce who the director will be and what help we will need assistance with. The matches will now be every other month, with the opposing month dedicated to an organized club practice and lunch. This will allow us to truly practice and work on skills as a group one month, and then have a group lunch together and then head out. I see this truly as a great new era for the club to grow as shooters and a club.

Post subject: Re: New Beginnings
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:35 pm 
Positional Shooter

Exciting and looking forward to helping out as much as I can. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:55 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:54 pm 
Positional Shooter

Nice! Thanks Rich!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:20 pm 
Sling User

I'm very excited to see this, and can't wait to shoot a match with you guys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:34 pm 
Positional Shooter

Nice!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:37 pm 
Teaches Shooting

That is a really good idea! I know we can all use the practice. I know sometimes we can get the Eagles Nest for things. It would be really nice to get that spot for practices as its tucked out of the way and has a nice spot for some BBQ action! Question....will we start this at the beginning of the year?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:12 am 
Positional Shooter

Looking forward to the New Beginnings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:39 am 
Positional Shooter

Our first match will be December 13th.

We will be posting up in the next week or so about the details.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:17 pm 
Positional Shooter

Cool , what time do you guys take steel down at after the match ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:47 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:13 am 
Positional Shooter

Nice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:10 am 
Chuck Norris

Looking forward to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:12 pm 
Prone Shooter

Awesome, I am stoked to hear this. Looking forward to participating and helping out! Thanks Rich, Randall and everyone involved in keeping the club going,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:07 pm 
Chuck Norris

This sounds great, can't wait!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:30 pm 
Chuck Norris

I am working on Sunday....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:07 pm 
Positional Shooter

Unfortunately I'm scheduled to work that day too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:58 am 
Positional Shooter

I think alternating matches and practices is an excellent idea! With ASR being a long drive from Irvine it makes it difficult to find time to get up there and have the ability to do match style practice (off barricades etc).

I'd like to get some experience this year with score keeping. Haven't done that yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:07 am 
Positional Shooter

Location: In the middle of the desert somewhere outside of Barstow
Practice may also encourage new shooters to come out and start shooting. Shooting practice for a match would put less pressure on new shooters and they would be able to ask more questions without having time constraints. More like baby steps towards match shooting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:45 pm 
Sling User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:30 am 
Bore Brusher

Hey guys, I am new to long range shooting and Caprc. I would like to eventually participate in matches someday. But I really want to learn the basics and meet new people that enjoy this sport. I don't work that Sunday so I'll be able to go out that day to meet some of you. If you guys allow that I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:41 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:47 pm 
Bore Brusher

Hi, I am a new shooter and was planning on shooting the JAN 10th match. With this new "every other month" format, does that mean that JAN 10th will be a practice day? If so, would I just have to pay the normal range fee? Or, will there still be a Club fee? Thank you in advance. And I look forward to shooting with you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:38 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:27 pm 
Positional Shooter

Just found out about this. I like this new plan big time. Since I took my brand new rifle out for the very first time today, while you guys were shooting the match....I obviously had my own agenda today, what with zeroing etc and barrel break in lite...... so I could not participate. No way I could get to the range yesterday to dial it in.

However, I'm looking forward to attending the next practice and helping out and hopefully making some matches after that and more practices.

It was nice to see you guys again. :thumb: