[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - WEGC PBR Match 7/18/10

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: WEGC PBR Match 7/18/10
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:53 pm 
Positional Shooter

Hey Men,
Just to let you know we will be shooting on Sunday July 18th at West End Gun Club, start time @ 0730. I hope the unusally cooler weather will be with us until the match so we should be able to shoot steel. We will have some paper as well.

As always, your help in setting up and breaking down is appreciated. Set up begins at 0630.

Also let me know how many are coming so I know how many to set up for.

Mark

Last edited by Spaniard on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:02 pm 
Chuck Norris

Isn't it supposed to be on the 3rd Sunday Mark?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 pm 
Positional Shooter

My Bad,
The Holiday weekend got me confused, I lost a week. Yes it is on the Third Sunday, the 18th of July. Sorry guys and thanks for keeping me honest. So what I said, but a week later. :roll:

Mark.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:00 am 
Positional Shooter

I'm in :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:01 pm 
Sling User

New meat over here, just signed up, wondering if this is open to all? Is there anything I need to do to participate?
Thanx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:04 am 
Sling User

Ok, no rear bags, got it. Anything else I should know?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:20 am 
Club Founding Member

Bring your rear bag, they're just joking because Kurtis forgot his at the last match.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:22 am 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:19 pm 
Club Founding Member

My bad, sorry. Thought James was just making fun of Kurtis. 9 times out of 10 if I assume that I'm right anyway. Oops!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:32 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:39 pm 
Club Founding Member

Oh of course. I hope you'll accept my sincere apology.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:01 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:36 pm 
Sling User

Hey Mark,

I'll be there!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:37 pm 
Chuck Norris

LOL :lol: :D :D . Where do you find these....?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:38 pm 
Chuck Norris

Oh Mark BTW, I will not be able to attend your match....My tires are afraid of your range and I have to work anyways.... :( :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:54 pm 
Chuck Norris

Hey, according to the PhD, Graduate of Marine Sniper School, real snipers never move, they just shoot over their teammates... :shock: :shock:

I will try to trade the day, but it is unlikely...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:12 pm 
Sling User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:22 am 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:28 pm 
Chuck Norris

no, its just that I got a flat on 2 different occassions at the range....once at WEGC (Mark's match) and then before that at Desert Marksman Range off Angeles Forest Hwy....I just think that my car can drive anywhere and I hit a piece of the the target stand with my sidewall at WEGC and then at Desert Marksman, somebody sunk angle iron into the path behind the 100 yard targets...Stuck up about 1-2 inch out of the ground, very difficult to see, but very jagged and flattened my tire in about 10 sec's....

The road to WEGC is fine unless it is raining (do not even attempt to cross the road) or you have a low profile BMW ala 264Charlie and have to leave your car at the side of the road and just get a ride in.....Just whatever you do, once you get past the gate, SLOW DOWN TO LESS THAN 5 MPH or you will never hear the end of it and a very angry man with a gun on his hip will be mad at you... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:31 am 
Teaches Shooting

I would like to shoot this match Mark!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:04 am 
Chuck Norris

There you go....You will have fun...Bring sunscreen as the 2nd shooting line has NO cover.... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 pm 
Positional Shooter

Ill be there

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:57 pm 
Sling User

Mark, sign me up

pm coming your way...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:46 pm 
Chuck Norris

Coma, off topic...whats up with that avitar and is that you and where are you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:47 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:00 pm 
Club Founding Member

Schedule's looking good for me too.

That gets us to at least 6...
Stringer
Joe308
bcrich
StraightShooter
coma
AR15barrels

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:25 pm 
Sling User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:26 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:03 pm 
Bench Shooter

Scott.C will be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:47 pm 
Chuck Norris

post pictures :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 pm 
Club Founding Member

Snappy will be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:19 pm 
Club Leadership

Im In.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:26 am 
Positional Shooter

Hey Men,
Just to let you know, meet at the 500 Yard Line. We will start there and shoot steel in the AM when it's cooler and then move up to the 200 to finish the match under the awning.

Park down below the 500 and walk up, start time is 0730..........Start Time is 0730.........START TIME IS 0730........that's we will start up the briefing and safety check.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:51 am 
Positional Shooter

What time does this thing start?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 am 
Sling User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:26 pm 
Chuck Norris

Sorry, no Bomb Diggity Potato Salad for this one....thats the 24th that the Wife is making it...I will be working.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:06 pm 
Club Founding Member

I'm going to have to flake on this one.
I have too much service work sitting here in boxes to be out shooting... :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:55 am 
Positional Shooter

Agghh...I'm flaking too! Like a complete and total dumbass I set my alarm for PM and not AM and I just woke up--I can't get out there by 730. I called Mark to say to set up for one less, but got voice mail because I'm sure he's already setting up. I'm sorry Mark! :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:54 am 
Sling User

hey Mark,

Sorry I'm flaking too. My wife's family is in town & I HAVE TO GO :( :(

Hope you guy have fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:42 am 
Positional Shooter

Good match today. It surprisingly didnt feel that hot. Starting at the 500 yd line and ending at the 200 under the shade was very nice. The steel is really working out there too. Got to meet some new faces too which is always nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:48 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Yeah it was fun and not as hot as I thought it would be, thanks Mark for putting it together. I have alot to work on for the next one (1) bring more than 45 rounds of the same load (2) get a detachable mag (3) learn to shoot from a barricade. Good to see you veteran shooters out there. Oh and thanks Randall for the brake job it shoots great!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:56 pm 
Sling User

Yeah Mark thanx for.putting this together ! And sorry fella for being late, you wouldn't believe where I ended up at, I kept telling my self, maybe it a super secret range!

Had a blast and yeah mags are a definite future upgrade, hope to see you guys next one, gotta get some practice in and work on my dope.