[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - CaPRC .22LR precision/tactical matches

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:38 pm 
Chuck Norris

Looking to gauge interest if CaPRC were to start holding .22lr matches. Very similar to our monthly centerfire matches. If you have shot Bills .22lr matches at APTS, that is what we would like to do. A review of the matches Bill held from 2008 to last year can be found here: The goal is to provide a precision/tactical match experience and training/practice that can be done at low cost, easy for beginers to get into, and are fun and low key. If this sounds like something you would like to shoot, please post up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm 
Positional Shooter

Location: In the middle of the desert somewhere outside of Barstow
That sounds like a blast. I would like to shoot that as a start into doing matches. Less stressing more noobs so it wont feel like such a noob myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:28 pm 
Chuck Norris

I would totally shoot this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:31 pm 
Chuck Norris

I love the idea of club rimfire matches.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:37 pm 
Club Leadership

I would be into it if I had a .22 that was capable of shooting this. Might just have to make a trade so I can shoot it.

Team Camarillo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:53 pm 
Chuck Norris

Im interested.. Just need to put a scope on my 22...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:19 pm 
Club Founding Member

Sounds fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:32 pm 
Club Founding Member

I am game.

Sent from my iPhone.

Team GAP, Shooter #7
Draining squares and banging steel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:57 pm 
Chuck Norris

What weekend?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm 
Positional Shooter

sounds like fun. I'd be interested

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:54 pm 
Positional Shooter

I'm totally in!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:50 pm 
Sling User

cool... im interested...I need to finish my 22LR project

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 am 
Positional Shooter

I'm in if it's NOT on the 2nd Saturday,I run a pistol match at WEGC on that day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:42 am 
Old Fart

Ben is in if it does't conflict with HP matches

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:28 pm 
Positional Shooter

I am in

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:46 pm 
Positional Shooter

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Sounds fun. Count me in.

Rich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 am 
Positional Shooter

in too, Bill's matches were fun!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:19 am 
Chuck Norris

I think we will see 22s become big again as the year goes on. Especially if obama gets re elected. Remember what happened last time when reloading components dried up. 22 matches got popular fast!! Even guys that were stocked up on components were being stingy and didn't want to burn them up for fear of having to pay high prices to replenish their stock.

It's probably wise to get this going now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:54 pm 
Prone Shooter

yes, I'd be interested

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:12 pm 
Prone Shooter

Shitchyea!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:29 pm 
Bench Shooter

Do the 22LR matches require the same level of equipment as the center fire matches? Do you really need a sling, bipod, and hipower scope? How competitive is a stock bull barreled 10/22 in this format? How important is the reticle in 22lr matches?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:49 pm 
Chuck Norris

No, the level of equipment is much less as the point is to be affordable and fun. Not to say I havent seen Niteforces or Premiers on 10/22's but its not necessary. A bipod is necessary (although not manditory) as is a sling. A $10 M14/M1 garand cotton sling work perfect. For rifles, 10'22's are probably the most common. A stock 10/22 with a match bull barrel is plenty accurate to win these events. Anything that can shoot a 3/4" or so group at 50 yards is good enough to win. Typical rifles are accurized 10/22's, Savage Mark 2's, and CZ 453/453/455's with heavy barrels. Occationally we will see something higher end like an Anchutz's, Sako, Biathalon, etc. Only key factor is that it is magazine fed and 10 rounds mags are available. Scopes are usually in the $200-500 range. Things like the Nikon Buckmasters, Lower end Bushnell Elite's, Falcon Menace, and the lover end Vortex's are typical. A mil dot reticle would be helpfull (and recommended) but not totally necessary. Scopes in the 4-14 to 6-18 power are typical. Shooting at smaller targets the additional maginification is nice, but a fixed 10 power or 3-9 is good enough to win. Bases and rings don;t have to be high dollar for a .22 so a $40 EGW rail and $30 dollar rings are plenty. One big issue, is you will want a base with a 20 moa slope to it for longer ranges (unless you have a scope with a huge amount of internal adjustment.) The point is to have fun and practice for the centerfire matches so the closer it is to your center fire rifle, the better for you. Match ammo is recommended, something like Wolf match target at $5 a box is plenty accurate in every .22lr i have ever seen is shot in. But as with all rimfires, some can be ammo picky so its worth testing many in your rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:19 pm 
Chuck Norris

Here are some targets from the first rimfire match that Mike organized:

As you can see, that's at 50 yards. That's my beater steel swinger at the same distance. I think the lollipops on this swinger are about two inches in size.

Close-up:

These aren't dinky targets.

Typical rifles include this Savage:

Is that a Falcon scope? I'm not sure, but it's not some uber Schmidt with 25x magnification, 26 mils of elevation, hispeed C-3PO reticle, and side focus down to 10 meters.

Another Savage:

I don't know what scope that is, but it's not some super duper wallet buster scope either.

Mike's Savage:

Mike's Savage has a Nikon on it. If my memory serves, it's an MOA scope. It's not super hispeed mil/mil with Manuel Tactikill Klickz every mil. I think that's a towel under the stock pack to raise the comb to scope level. Rookie doesn't even have an adjustable comb with locking 1mm increments.

If I recall, this was Sonny's CZ:

I forgot whose Marlin this was:

The scope looks like that Bushnell 10x40 mil/mil. This has parallax set at 100 yards I believe. It's probably blurry and all parallaxed out at 50 yards. He did just fine.

10-22:

I shot the match with my Anschutz 1422 with 2x Alaskan scope and no bipod:

This was probably the most expensive rifle on the line. I finished DEAD LAST in the scoring.

Just bring whatever you have. Your 10-22 with heavy barrel sounds perfectly fine to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:39 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:43 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:55 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:32 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:02 pm 
Chuck Norris

2012 schedule posted!