[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Wegc PBR 10-19-14 AAR

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wegc PBR 10-19-14 AAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:14 pm 
Teaches Shooting

This months PBR had a nice turn out of 18 shooters with 2 new guys Eric & Alex hope you guys had fun & learned a little something about the discipline.... Par times make things much harder than just plinkin away. Thank you guys for coming out and supporting PBR hope to see you guys back.
The weather was nice & wind did cause a few misses at the longer distances but wasn't too bad.

Today's C.O.F was written by James & Joe V and was as follows.....
LONG RANGE TOP PAD

Stage 1 - Warm up the cold bore
Targets - (2) IPSC flappers @ 393yds, (2) 8" hanging @ 514yds, (2) Skinny sammies flappers @ 294yds, special Vagina target @150
75 seconds
(7) rounds
Starting prone with mag in, bolt back.
On beep shooters will engage the vagina target with 1 round) then engage their 393yd flapper with 1 round, then engage the 514yd plate with 1 round, then the 294yd flappers with 1 round. Then repeat on steel only!!
James mastered the stage getting 60 pts for the highest score! Great job James!!

Stage 2 - KYL confirmation (2 shooters at a time)
70 seconds
(8) rounds
10 points per hit
Targets (2 matching sets @ 307yds) 2- 10" 2- 8" 2- 6" & 2- tooth targets
Starting at ammo line with one round in hand. RIfle prepped with empty mag in bolt back.
On beep shooters will engage the largest 307yd plate. Then shooter must confirm hit @ 500yds with 1 shot. Then shooters have the option to engage smaller plates at 307yds but must confirm each hit @ 500 for it to be scored. A miss at any time makes you start over. You may stop at any time.
Jason,JoeV, & James scored 30pts for the highest stage scores. Outstanding gents!!

Stage 3Long range 12" paper target (6shooters at a time)
Targets - 12" paper@ 393
60 seconds
(5) rounds
Starting prone on rifle with mag in and bolt back
On beep shooters will engage their numbered shoot-n-C with (5) rounds. Hits will be scored by scoring rings
James again takes highest stage score of 44pts ... MADD SKILLZ James !

Stage 4- Malfunctions
10 rounds: (8) live rounds+2 empty cases.
90 seconds
R.O. will load your magazine with 2 empty cases.
Starting standing on beep get on rifle and engage targets at 300 from biggest to smallest then transition to 400 from biggest to smallest. If you miss a target reengage and keep going until all rounds are spent.
Danny handled his malfunctions & corrected them super fast & was accurate on every single target cleaning the stage for a total of 80 pts!!! Excellent display of skills & maintaining a clear head.

Bottom pad-

Stage 5 Gamer" Positionals
(9) rounds
90 seconds
Starting port arms with everything in hand that you will use for the stage. Anything can be used to support the rifles weight.
Engage the largest 150yd steel, then largest 220yd steel, then largest 320yd steel with 1 shot each. Then change positions and repeat.
1. offhand/standing(Both feet on ground. No elbows/arms/knees supporting body weight)
2. kneeling(Only knees and feet touching ground supporting body weight)
3. Pick any position(Anything goes)
Aaron came up on top as the highest score for this stage scoring 9 hits .. Very good job Aaron!

Stage 6 Tank trap Hostages
(4) rounds
50 seconds
Starting port arms (no prep time on prop).
On beep engage the hostage flappers from L-R and TOP-Bottom with 1 shot each from the tank trap.
-5 points for any hostages hit
Aaron & James cleaned the stage scoring 4 successful hits on the hostage flappers. Awesome shooting guys.

Stage 7- Shotgun fun
(4) rounds
30 seconds
Starting with shotgun in hand. Rifle on ground with mag in and bolt back.
On beep shooter will engage clay with 1 round. Then CAREFULLY hand shotgun to RO and drop down to engage the 320yd flappers with 4 shots. Then on the ending buzzer the RO will launch 1 more clay. If shooter has time after done shooting rifle they may pick up shotgun and attempt to engage clay before it hits the ground.
Aaron, Joe V, & Jason cleaned the stage as well as both clays in mid air.. Nice job guys!
Thank you all for coming & helping out...
1st place James 324
2nd place Danny 310
3rd place Aaron 295
4th JoeV 286
5th Jason 272
6th Esteban 245
7th Nate 220
8th Ben 218
9th Samson 214
10th Joe H 210
11th Kevin 202 & takes top "G Spotter" award
12th Henry 192 & takes top 308
13th Larry 140
14th Bruce 70
15th Alex 60 (new to PBR)
16th Steve 58 (that new scope helped)
17th Reese 50
18th Eric 38 (new to PBR)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:14 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Today's winners circle was dominated by the "Asian Persuasion" led by the lonely white boy James AKA " the tour guide" excellent shooting boys;)

Group pic of today's competitors

James playing the game in the "gamer stage"

James again showing off his high score of 44 pts in the 400yd paper stage.

Bruce had a case head separation after loading his brass 20times +- but with my case extractor Henry got him back in business showing we all work together Mexicans & Asians ;)

Kevin earning his top "G spotter" award drilling that special target we all love :)

Bruce getting his money's worth on his 20x reloaded brass sporting the SAP shirt.

Alex shooting that beast 300WM on his first PBR match.

Jason cleaning the final stage shotgun fun & rifle

Aaron also cleans it

Last edited by bcrich on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:23 pm 
Bench Shooter

Had a great time, thanks for having me! Definitely different than what I'm used to shooting. Looking forward to shooting more competitions!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:42 pm 
Positional Shooter

What can I say. Asian boys love p***y. Thanks Rich, James, Joe and Julian for putting up a great match

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:44 pm 
Positional Shooter

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413765813.014348.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413765840.513827.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:28 pm 
Chuck Norris

Lots of fun. Enjoyed getting back into it. Top308 is 12th place.......... :loser:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:33 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:23 pm 
Chuck Norris

I teRR my famiRy I find g spot. This is what I get. Can't never facking win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:14 pm 
Positional Shooter

Challenging match, thanks guys for putting it on, thank you especially rich G for having that extractor! Saved me from sitting on my ass for the rest of the match!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:23 pm 
Positional Shooter

Another great match! Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:23 pm 
Positional Shooter

Great match, a lot of fun. I started off bad, my rifle is only shooting 3/4 to 1moa now, I know I know, wwhhhaaaaaaaa no confidence in the load and so on. Seems like at the beginning I couldn't hit anything. I forgot my phone in my truck, good thing I keep a couple sets of paper DOPE cards just in case. Here is my personal AAR
Stage 1 Warm up the cold bore, didn't make it all the way through the steel.

Stage 2 KYL Confirmation, missed the 500yd shot on the first round, didn't account for the wind.

Stage 3 Long range paper, I aimed dead center and hit 6.5" right. This works out to 8.2mph wind.

Stage 4 Malfunctions, I spent too much time dialing, should have held over. Ran out of time.

Stage 5 Gamer Positionals, this is a special one, it is intended to mess people up in time management and strategy. I did horribly at the Voight Tehachapi match on this stage, my strategy there was to throw the first 3 shots away by shooting quickly, then get to a more stable position. Then I missed or shot at the wrong target to boot. I talked with several people on how to game this stage, there are 2 main ways. One is to use bipods or tripods, but you have to have practiced the setup so that you can be really fast. The other is to shoot off your pack in rice paddy squat. If you are flexible enough to do it that is. I practiced both at home after the Tehachapi match and rice paddy squat works better for me, and I ended up cleaning the stage. Everyone who tried the tripod I brought timed out. If I were to use the tripod on this stage I think I would have rested the rifle on two of the tripod legs kind of like how most people shoot off the tank trap but upside down so to speak. Also, you can leave the clamps of the tripod loose and hold it upside down. Then flick the legs out and clamp them all at once before spreading the legs out. There is another trick I heard of, hang your backpack off the tripod and use the backpack as a rest. Also, you can set your rifle down while you mess with equipment, much easier and faster with two free hands and no problem with muzzle discipline as with holding it while manipulating your gear.

Stage 6 Tank Trap Hostages. The tank trap was in a particularly sucky position this time (can't move it...) was hard to get rear support. I balanced my rifle on the bag and shot it more like a benchrest gun, i wasn't holding it to my shoulder very tight to keep from moving it. A big pillow would have been helpful here.

Stage 7 Shotgun fun, Cool stage, I'm not too good with a shotgun, but when the clays are going slow like these, I found you need to aim right at the clay. I waited until they topped out before shooting, easier to shoot a stationary target.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:48 pm 
Teaches Shooting

That's awesome Aaron .... Helpful tips for the next time around, I like it :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:37 pm 
Chuck Norris

^^^ Good stuff Aaron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:44 pm 
Chuck Norris

Thanks for taking the time to do that Aaron!