[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Precision Bolt Rifle WEGC AAR 9-21-14

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:12 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Thank you all for coming out and supporting the discipline. Today's match had 13 shooters total including 4 new to PBR... Samson, Jonathan,Steve H, Stephen A glad you guys came out hope to keep seeing you guys as regular shooters & hope you enjoyed the match.

Weather was nice & wind picked up a bit at times & really pushed the 223 guys around.. James wind hold at 300m was .7 shooting 75g bullets to give you guys an idea of the wind.
Today's match had a variety of hardware on the line... Hunting rifles that had many good hits using standard reticles, gas guns (AR's) & a few really quiet ones ;)

COF was as follows.....
Stage 1 - CB holdovers
6 rounds
60 seconds
Prone on rifle with bolt open
On beep shooters will engage the PINK 6" at 320yds with 1 round (a hit on this first target is worth 20 extra points). Shooter will then engage the 150 little man flapper, and then the 220 4" pink target. Then repeat. ALL HOLDOVERS
Joe H, Samson,& James each had the highest score of 40pts on this stage. Awesome shooting guys!!

Stage 2 - Time ticking away CB (2 @ a time)
4 rounds
10sec, 8sec, 6sec, 4sec
Standing behind rifle mag in with bolt back
On beep shooters will drop to rifle and engage 320yd 6" with 1 shot & repeat dropping the par time each time.

Stage 3 - Crossfit challenge (2 at a time)
Round count unlimited
120 seconds
standing behind rifle bolt open
On beep shooters will drop and do 10 pushups. The move to rifle and engage 320 6" square with 3 rounds. Then move back to box and do 10 more pushups. Repeat until 2 minutes have expired. No more the 3 rounds at a time. Pushups must be legit and not some pansy ass half pushup. Shooter may opt for sit-ups instead or to run across parking lot to designated area and back.
Highest points for this stage was shot by Henry(Rich) Garay scoring 130pts (13 impacts) doing some super fast push-ups , Good Job Tocayo!!

Stage 4 - Eye box spinner.... Cam Wong designed this awesome target & let PBR use it... Thanks Cam!
6 rounds
30 seconds
Starting prone behind rifle bolt back shooter will engage the eye box spinner @ 150yds shot thru the cut out of the cardboard ipsc then advance to the pink 4" target at 220 & repeat the process 3 times... The spinner will still be spinning and shooter must time the placement thru the eye box to make the hit before the time ends.
Joe & Myself scored 50 pts

Stage 5 - Its good to be a kid again
5 rounds
120 seconds
starting standing behind with rifle on ground and mag in (all ammo staged on bench)
On beep shooter will grab 1 round from bench and then pull handle on toy. Drop to rifle and shoot target as indicated by toy. Run back to bench and repeat
Targets - 150 eye box spinner,150 little man, 320 pink, 320 yellow, 220 pink, 220 green

Stage 6 - Positionals for easy practice (2 at a time)
8 rounds
120 seconds
Start in any position you choose, bolts back
On beep shooters will engage 220yd 10" squares with 2 rounds from each traditional position. No bags may be used!!
I somehow managed 3 impacts on steel for the stage high score.

Stage 7 - Barrel warmers (2 at a time)
8 rounds
90 seconds
Starting port arms
On beep shooters will advance to barrel and engage 2 targets from left to right at 220yds from top of barrel, then 2 targets from left to right at 320yds. Shooter will then flip barrel on its side and repeat.
Joe H once again showed us how it's done scoring 8 impacts on steel! Way to go Joe

Stage 8 - Shoot-n-Cs
5 rounds
60 seconds
Starting prone with bolts back
On beep shooters will engage their numbered shoot-n-c at 320yds with 5 rounds. Hits will be scored by ring value.
Aaron scored the highest point earning his 48 pts.. Excellent precision brother!

Stage 9 - Candy crush
Up to 10 rounds 80yds
45 sec
Starting hot behind rifle shooters will engage their numbered candies ....largest to smallest candy, must crush the candy in order to advance to next one.
I got lucky & cleaned the stage crushing all the way down to the tic tac :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:12 pm 
Teaches Shooting

1st place went to Joe H 425 pts... Outstanding performance Joe!! , watch out guys Bigg Joe's back ;)
2nd place went to Samson 405 pts.... His first PBR match!
3rd place went to James 387 pts shooting his AR (223) awesome shooting!
4th was tied between Nate & Myself 385 pts (I too shot my AR LR 308 & took top 308)
6th place went to Henry Rich Garay 359 pts
7th place went to Larry 317 pts.
8th place went to Aaron 316 pts
9th place went to Brett 314 pts shooting his AR (223)
10th place went to Stephen 275 pts (his first PBR match)
11th place went to Bruce 263 pts ( getting better Bruce)
12th place went to Steve H 140 pts using his 243 hunting rig... & his first PBR match ,Good shooting Steve
13th place went to Jonathan 120 pts ( his first PBR match )

Today's top finishers, congrats guys

Samson & Larry going head to head on the Barrel warmer stage.

Aaron's target on the 320yd shoot n see (highest score)

Candy crush stage... Starting with the top tootsie roll pop, green mint, jolly rancher, chocolate M&M, ending with the tic tac.

Here is my target cleaning it down to the tic tac. #9

Nate doing some gunsmithing when it matters most... During a match! His scope base came loose costing him a few stages probably?

Larry enjoying "it's good to be a kid stage"

Bruce & Stephen in the cross fit stage doing 10 push-ups followed by 3 shots & repeating as much as they can do in 2 min

Brett quietly getting it done

James showing his semi auto skills

Last edited by bcrich on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:36 pm 
Club Founding Member

Sounds like u all had fun out there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:44 pm 
Chuck Norris

Dude... Nate looks like he's been hitting the iron or perhaps hefting a baby.... Looks like it was good times. I made it out to cuyama and shot the 2x 1000 match...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:19 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Yeah Steven those extra muscles will help when Nate has to carry Vu's brass around haa!
Any range time is time well spent especially @ the 1k yd line. Next weekend is DesertMarksman 1k yd match ..... Sammy & myself are hitting that one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:36 pm 
Bore Brusher

I had a great time today. Thanks to everybody for their help.

I bought a new scope on the way home. :-)

See ya next month.

Steve H.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:31 pm 
Positional Shooter

We need some more crossfit stages. from what I saw we all need to hit the gym!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:40 pm 
Chuck Norris

Nate... What did you do to your special hat? Did you bleach it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 am 
Positional Shooter

Good match yesterday!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 am 
Positional Shooter

It was a fun match, shows I really need to work out my upper body some more. I pushed out 30 pushups just barely. Henry totally smoked that stage with what must have been 50 pushups. I think I got the fastest time on "time ticking away" on one of my runs but not 100% sure. I tanked a bunch of stages for some reason, glad my brother didn't go, he probably would have beat me and I'd still be hearing about it...

On the 320yd shoot n c I was aiming at the left #8.

Nates hat is as dirty and sweaty as ever, the pic is a little washed out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:08 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:13 pm 
Chuck Norris

Candy crush?!! AWESOME!

Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like another great match!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:05 pm 
Positional Shooter

I'm curious, how did Henry end up with the nickname "Tocayo?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:23 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Mexicans call each other that when they share the same name..... We know his middle name is Rich so I call him & Rich C "tocayo"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:07 pm 
Positional Shooter

Thanks for the fun match. I've been wanting to attend previous matches but there were always a scheduling conflict. I'll try to attend next month's match

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 am 
Club Founding Member

Henry G is Tocayos with the Richs but he's also Tocayos with Henry S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:02 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:35 pm 
Teaches Shooting

This is true!!! When I first met my wife she asked "are you Asian?" I told her I can be whatever you want me to be :)