[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Wegc PBR 7-20-14 AAR

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wegc PBR 7-20-14 AAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:30 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Today's match had a good turnout of 15 shooters with 3 new shooters to PBR, glad you guys came out to support the discipline. The weather was nice & not the usual July heat with no wind in the morning but the winds did start to blow soon after making some challenging shots on those small steel targets.

We shot 9 stages & were completed by 1:15... Thank you guys for helping to keep things running along, we had a few steel targets fail but with backups on hand we delt with it & kept trucking.

Stage 1 was a 6" shoot n see @ 300m ( cold bore ) 1 round triple ring value 10 sec par time starting standing with rifle on the ground. Eddy (new guy), Henry, James all nailed the 10 ring... Good job guys!

Stage 2 was the same target with 5 rnds in 40 sec. Danny scored the highest with an impressive 59 pts.. Way to go Danny

Stage 3 was roof top hold overs, 6 rnds in 70 sec we had 70yd paper, 200m 6" steel,300m 8" steel. James had the highest score with 40 pts showing us how it's done.

Stage 4 was the hostage targets 6 rnd in 90 sec, 1 round at each hostage taker flapper L&R at 150yd, 200m, & 12" plate @ 300m shot from the airbag... Rifle had to be supported by the bag & you were allowed rear support but getting a solid position was almost impossible as your reticle bounced around as if you were on a boat! -10 pts for hitting the white hostage. Henry,Ben & myself scored 5 hits.

Stage 5 was Tresslers light box... A very cool box that had 5 lights A-E that corresponded to targets at different locations & was at random. 5 rnds with the box giving you commands for random targets. You had to be quick & keep up with the commands because if it got ahead of you ..you easily got lost searching for the targets....very fun & challenging... Mr Tressler is a genius!! The highest was 2 hits by Henry, myself,Danny,James,Oscar & Nate showing you it was very difficult.

Stage 6 was the Vertigo stage... Shooters had to place the bat on the ground with forehead touching & complete 4 rotations around the bat causing you to become extemely dizzy, rifle was already on the ground with bolt back engaging the pink 200m then 300m steel back & forth with 6 rnds... Sounds easy but with your head spinning easier said than done! Henry, James & Rich C all scored 6 hits cleaning the stage... Well done gents!!

Stage 7 was Nates House...9 rnds with a mandatory mag change & no more that 5 rnds in each mag @ 6" orange steel set at 200m with 3 shots from each port in the house, we were given a 20 sec heads up before the 100sec were up saving you from a -30 pts for not exiting on time. Most didn't shoot all 3 ports due to not having enough time. Oscar had the highest score of 30pts (3 hits) nice job brother!!

Stage 8 was Race to the middle where 2 shooters went against each other shooting the diamond rack @ 150 yds from the outside in & hitting the stop plate @ 200m with the winner getting extra 20pts. Henry,Julian,Danny & James all scored 80 pts (all five 2" diamond hits & getting to the stop plates first against their competitors) awesome shooting guys.

Stage 9 was Mil it & drill it 5 rnds where the shooters all had 2 min to mil the position of 5 circles at 70 yds after the prep time shooters had 90 sec to shoot the circles that were now covered except for a reference point where measurements were taken during the prep time. In other words you couldn't see the actual circles plus we had a few no hit circles in between getting you neg points for hitting those. James & Nate both had 4 hits (40 pts)in the circles & no hits to the negative pt targets. You guys are awesome ;)

Pat inside Nates house

Jeff getting dizzy in the vertigo stage

The Tressler light box

Henry getting down off the airbag

Bruce from the rooftop

Oscar first to complete the stage

Thanks everybody for coming out & big thumbs up to James & Joe for running the squads!!

Post subject: Re: Wegc PBR 7-20-14 AAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 pm 
Teaches Shooting

1st place James 398 pts
2nd place Henry 314 pts & takes top 308 award
3rd place Danny 300 pts & takes top long shot award (most hits on 300m paper thruout the match)
4. Rich C 280pts
5. Rich G 278 pts
6. Oscar 271 pts
7. Ben 265 pts
8. Nate 255 pts
9. Julian 201 pts
10. Eddy 156 pts ( his first match ever ) watch out for this guy ;)
11 Jeff 107 pts (first PBR match) good job!
12. Joe H 70 pts
13. Larry 64 pts
14. Bruce 21 pts (first PBR match) glad you came out
15. Pat 20 pts (that wondering zero always gets us) hope to see you again Pat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:05 pm 
Positional Shooter

Great match today guys, I always enjoy these! The very challenging stages with lots of movement. Thanks to Rich, James, Rich C., Nate and Joe for putting in the time to put this match on!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:19 pm 
Positional Shooter

Thanks for a great match. I finally put my head together and made a few shots. Always good to see new shooter join the game. You guys did great for the first match

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:37 pm 
Positional Shooter

Always a good time. Thanks to the SoCal team for putting on a great match and thanks to Rich G for writing a badass AAR while the rest of us were probably passed out from the day's event. Congrats to the winners. I think this is the first time I've ever felt like blowing chunks while behind my rifle.

Last edited by Point of Impact on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm 
Positional Shooter

Yep, that was a lightning fast AAR! Great work Tokayo!

Congrats to James, Henry, and Danny for top honors today. Danny completely kicked my ass on the man on man, and I didn't miss a single one of my targets on that stage!

Great so to see the new guys coming up and coming out to matches! Keep it up guys!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:25 pm 
Chuck Norris

extra props for Rich making it out today and I slept in until 11:30.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:52 pm 
Chuck Norris

Way to go Gents! Wish I could have made it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 am 
Positional Shooter

Thank again to rich g, James, joe, Nate and rich c for putting on a great match. It's always fun to put some lead down range on these challenging stages. That light stage was awesome, and the hostage stage off that pillow thing was terrible.... Had a great time. Big congrats to the new guys, you did great work today.

Oscar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 am 
Bore Brusher

Thank you guys, I had a great time and I will definitely come again next month.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:22 am 
Chuck Norris

Great AAR Rich. I appreciate you taking time to do them and on getting it out so quickly. I didn't get to attend so it's nice to see how the other shooters did.

Good job! :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:28 am 
Positional Shooter

Great COF... lots interesting stuff this time around.

I screwed up so many stages... and got my shit together for the race to the middle, and cleaned it.

Such a common thing lately, to finish right behind Nathan.... I'm gonna get you one of these days Nate!!!!!! I'll loosen your barrel AGAIN if I have too.... LOLOLOLLLL!

Thanks everyone for a great match.

All the new guys did very well first time out. Hope to see you guys again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:09 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:16 pm 
Positional Shooter

Thanks for a great match, I have to figure out what the heck I was doing wrong haha.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:44 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:14 pm 
Teaches Shooting

It happens to all of us Bruce, one match you do great.... Next match you can't hit shit, so don't worry we all go thru that from time to time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm 
Positional Shooter

Oh yeah.....

I tanked a lot of stages this month.... But they had a few new stages that were pretty tough.